The Congregation of the Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary Mother of Christ is an Apostolic Religious Congregation of Pontifical right under the jurisdiction of the Holy See. Our Institute was founded in 1937 by an Irish Missionary to Nigeria, Archbishop Charles Heerey, CSSp
Our core Mission is to seek the perfection of love in the service of God through the profession of the evangelical counsels of Chastity, Poverty and Obedience which is lived in community. As missionaries we serve and witness to the compassion of Christ wherever the work of charity demand our service.
As Mariam Institute we are specifically drawn to Mary’s Immaculate Heart.
Our Motto is “AD JESUM PER MARIAM” (All to Jesus Through Mary).
Our founder’s concern for the status of women, the underprivileged, the sick, children and for good Christian family life led to our foundation, and we dedicate ourselves to: special care of children, educating the youth, care of the sick and underprivileged, family life, retreats and marriage counseling. Our Charism is Compassion-to be the face and hand of Jesus touching lives everywhere we are called to serve. The spirit that spurs us on is Humility- as we mirror our Master who humbled himself even to accepting a shameful death on the Cross.